Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Summer of John



The Good: I'm halfway through.

The Bad: The aftermath from #6 has been rougher than most.

The Ugly: I've spent so much time on the couch there's a Homer-esque indentation that spans the length.

Seriously, I feel like George after the Yankees blew him out when all he did for the summer was sit in his recliner, eat, watch TV and repeat. I even noticed some lack of leg strength today when I arose to make the mighty hike from the couch to the kitchen for yet another H2O infusion. The hair follicle count is beginning to match up too, but I can't complain about that because it has held out way longer than expected. Needless to say I haven't been spending much time on my feet the past week and I'm pretty sure "Christine" means "Bringer of Whatever John Asks for" in some type of Indian (feathers not dots) dialect.

Tuesday night finds me having sat upright most of the day and able to walk up a whole 10 stairs without having my heart pounding for 10 minutes afterwards. It's wild how much the chemo poisons me, but as I've said all along, the week I feel good is enough to make me forget how much I felt like crap. It's get me through. Well, that and NBA Championship rings (coming this November).

In the meantime I get to catch up on my TV (the Wonder Years is on ION twice a night people!) and stay out of the South Texas summer heat. Hopefully I'll be back scaling mountains and having late nights again with all of you real Topeka people in the fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to publicly thank you for helping us purchase Spurs tickets to Game 1 for my parents. You are an awesome friend and gave my dad a wonderful Father's Day gift. We are all praying for you!
Kristin